Friday, February 14, 2014

Pop, Fizz, Clink!

Via Etsy
It was only a matter of time before I got to champagne. When it makes up half the title of your blog, you know it's important. Champagne and confetti are two of my inexplicable happy things - those random things in life that can make me smile no matter what. So, in the first of what I can assure you will be many champagne-related posts, I present the most girly and fun of all the champagnes - pink champagne!

When it comes to picking champagne, I have a secret weapon. A colleague of mine, Gillian Tinsley, is a veritable wine-guru and I've enlisted her help to find me a great one. She writes a blog dedicated to sparkling wines! She recommends Henry of Pelham's Cuvée Catharine Rosé Brut
"This elegant sparkler has beautiful and complex aromas and flavours of bright red fruit. Lots of balanced acidity,  this wine is perfect to sip on its own, and lingers on the palate." -- Gillian
It's a reasonably priced Niagara wine that can be purchased at any LCBO.  I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet so I'm thinking I might pick some up this weekend and make my routine movie night a little more special.

No night in with champagne would be complete without some tasty treats.  I wanted to keep my pink champagne theme and found two amazing recipes to die for.  Pink Champagne Sorbet (swoon) and Skinny Pink Champagne Cupcakes (that's right, skinny!!) Click through the links for the original posts or check out my recipe page for details.

So, grab a bottle, whip up some delightful sweets and turn an ordinary day into an exquisite day.

Champagne Favourite Things:
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/details.do?language=EN&itemNumber=482026
Champagne Splurge!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kate-spade-new-york-larabee-dot-fete-mini-champagne-saucer-set-of-4/3289053?cm_ven=pinterest&cm_cat=acc_wsp&cm_pla=at_home&cm_ite=TP3289053&crlt.pid=camp.698JJkrC6Yn0
Kate Spade Glasses
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/a-scent-of-champagne-8/9781626360723-item.html?ikwid=champagne&ikwsec=Home&gcs_requestid=0CLi20dSjzbwCFcPj5wod5jcAAA
Read All About It

Champagne Royalty

7 comments:

  1. If you're stocking up on pink champagne this weekend, I might just show up at your door. I like the recipe ideas, too.
    I'm learning a lot about who you are through your blog. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Champagne is such a fun and elegant drink, and that fact that this is pink makes it even better. I also love the recipe ideas, especially the cupcakes, and since it's reasonably priced, I might just give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this came at a perfect time! Soon as I'm done work I'm picking up one of these bad boys to celebrate my friends 25th bday tomorrow! THANK YOU, I was struggling with what I should get her and this seems pretty perfect! I guess I'll let you know how good it is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have an awesome time at your friend's birthday! Champagne makes everything feel special. Let me know which you tried and if you liked it!

      Delete
    2. Bought it and loved it!!! Thanks for helping a sister out, haha

      Delete
  4. Erin, I am simply in love with your blog. Everything about it! It's the essence of girly and I'm all about it haha!
    I am a huge fan of sparkling wine and champagne and I love when someone else shares that love with me.
    Keep up this beautiful blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly love champagne! I find it so tasty! Obviously I knew you were going to write about this, but the post was so good! thanks for the the extras like the sorbet, sounds delicious! great job Erin!

    ReplyDelete